We all know that the recent PV release of Morning Musume after their single, Seishun Collection. The new PV’s title is Genki Pika Pika and this PV is sort of a miracle. Ever since I started being a fan of H!P (I started with C-ute [maybe I will post my story of being a H!P fan in the future]), I had not seen any PV with the members in Bikini. Yes we could see in PB’s and in one of C-ute’s Video (can’t remember if it was Alo-hello or dvd magazine), where C-ute were playing on the swimming pool. xD Berryz, even though they went to Hawaii for and it was released in their Alo-hello, they didn’t have any Bikini shots (and I like it that way). Anyway, this is the first time I saw a H!P video with totally full Bikini clothes. Not ever did I imagine H!P would have/had/be releasing their own Bikini PV. Next is the PV of AKB48 that was released month ago. We have Ponytail to Shushu and it is another Bikini PV. We are used to seeing AKB in either short clothing or in Bikini. Now, I don’t intend to compare these two groups since I know there are some who hate the other but love/like the other. So here, please don’t get mad at my criticism. These observations that I will be pointing out is just my observation and my own opinion. Please remember that everyone has their own opinions, likes and dislikes. For me, here, I will try to be as neutral as I can. So please, just let it pass if you don’t like what I said. We are different individuals and so we have different interests.
First off: Genki Pika Pika
- It is the first Bikini PV that I watched from H!P.
- I didn’t imagine H!P would be releasing something like it.
- I like the song but the PV, no. Why? I think that the PV is something to show-off or something. Not in a bad way, okay? I just think that the PV was just made to say that Morning Musume went to Hawaii and even shot a PV there, plus they were all wearing Bikini’s. If you had watched the PV, then you would know the parts where I will post as a screen shot/pictures. Look at these pictures, you could say that it was not really professionally made to impress and give awe to the fans of MM. It’s like, something just for the sake of releasing a Bikini PV. If they really intend to give out the best of MM being in Hawaii and having a Bikini PV, they should have made it more professional with close-ups, proper but sexy/lovely dance routine and other (minimal&maximal – is there such a word as maximal?) effects. Now that is when AKB’s PV comes in.
Second: Ponytail to Shushu
- We are used to see these girls sing and dance in Bikini’s, since this is not the 1st time they had a Bikini PV. Or, we are used to seeing them in short clothing and so this doesn’t surprise us.
- Here is a good example of a Bikini PV. There are major and minor effects, lovely dance routine (not hard, not easy yet sexy/lovely), they have close-ups and other things that would better the PV (the view of them from a helicopter and even the view of the sea plus other things that are relevant to the PV or the idea.
Third/Lastly: My Added Little Comment
I love both songs. I do, but I prefer the PV of Ponytail to Shushu. I’m sorry, that’s how it is. I’m not favoring one from the other since I don’t really see any difference with the two groups other than their themes and genre’s of songs. For me, they are two groups that I like, that’s it. That of course, would change when it is about Berryz Koubou, since you all know I like Berryz more than any group. I will give you a timeline of my H!P history and other Jpop/Kpop history with it. So anyway, my point here is, releasing a PV just for the sake of saying they had released a PV in Bikini’s and even recording it in Hawaii is not really a good idea. I’m not blaming Morning Musume for the lack of power of their PV, they had done their work. After them, the editors and visual staff or whatever you call them should do their task and better the output of the PV. To tell the truth, I’m not getting impressed with the latest releases of Morning Musume. The songs, I like but the PV’s, lacks something for me. The last PV that I liked and enjoyed was Shouganai Yume Oibito.
And okay, enough of me saying things and since I’m lost of words anyway, these are just my observations, okay? No hard feelings. You have your own, I have mine. Just because one person doesn’t go with what you like, doesn’t mean you need to get angry or hate that person. I’m saying a lot of these since I know most of my viewers are fans of H!P. I don’t know if they are fans of Berryz, C-ute or Morning Musume. But I know there is this issue going on that some H!P fans (more so, Morning Musume fans) don’t like AKB and even hate it when they are compared, but I’m sorry. I need to compare the two since they are the ones that are kind of battling at the top and they are the ones that released a Bikini PV recently. I don’t want to be on anyone’s bad list or blacklist as they say it.