I read something from AKB48’s thread and I went, “o_o which type of fan am I? Am I disappointing my oshimen? Who is my real oshimen?”
And as such, with this in mind, there are different classifications of fans. Some good, some OK, some less good, some bad, etc.
– DD (Daredemo Daisuki) = “Anyone is fine..” – This to the girls isn’t a positive thing (they hate it). It means someone who can’t make up their minds, someone who is equally as fine with Kana as with Takamina as with Sayaka as with Mariyannu etc. It doesn’t really matter who the girl is to them, they’re all fine. It might sound confusing, but the DD mentality in Japan is somewhat scorned upon, and here DD is known outside of idol subculture too. People want you to be able to say who your favorite is, or what you choose etc. If you don’t have an oshimen you’re considered a DD, because you can’t choose.
– MD (Minna Daisuki) = “I love everybody” – It could look to be the same as DD, but it’s not. In order to be MD, you first and foremost must have an oshimen. While DD is not a good thing, MD is OK.
– TO (TanOshi / Only One Oshi) = Someone who only supports their oshimen. Their focus is 110% on their oshimen. TO’s are much liked.
– Oshihen = Someone who changes their oshimen. Not really a good thing.
– Oshimashi = Someone who adds oshimen to their already established oshimen.
I stumbled upon so many questions about my personality as a fan and not did the questions only bugged me, they made me think hard. Finally thought about it, and there came a few questions I couldn’t really answer.
As for having an oshimen. Does it mean an oshimen per group I support or is it a general thing? Because if it is per group I support and follow, I could say I have oshimen per group. Like for example:
► Berryz Koubou → Captain
► AKB48 → TakaMina
► C-ute → Megu
► Buono! → Airi
► MoMusu → Ai
► S/Mileage → Kanon
If it is a general thing, I don’t really know. I mean, I follow and love all the groups I support and most of all, my favorites in each group. I even tried weighing them but it really goes to my 2 top faves. Captain and TakaMina. I like them the same way, amount and everything else.
To tell the truth, I’m not the type of person who only has one or two favorite groups and stay focused on only them. I listen to many groups, genres and songs. Though I’m bias to Jpop than any other genres but still, I listen to other genres. That’s why if ever I listen to a JPOP group, I usually have a favorite member for each group. But recently, I don’t have a fave on newly introduced groups (to myself — could be an old group or a new one).
Actually, I think my top fave groups atm is Berryz and AKB. The reason is that they are the only groups I’m getting an often update (thanks to H!O, JPH!P and Nihongogo forums). And because of my busy schedule in college (plus the breakdown of my laptop) I had no time and fast access to the internet. Though when I get to rent one, I get instant updates from the forums mentioned. That’s why, these two groups are the ones I’m really rooting for at the moment.
Anyway, back to the type of fan. I stand loyal to Captain and TakaMina, though I also like some of their group members. Not really as how I like the two but you know. Lol. And I like everyone in the group but I still have a fave. So, lol. I don’t really know.
According to the type of fans that Krusha mentioned, I’m definitely not a DD.
I’m not an Oshihen, since when I find a favorite in a group, I don’t actually change, even if they left (for example, Murakami Megumi).
I stopped being an Oshimashi when I started liking HSJ and then H!P and AKB.
I’m a MD when it comes to groups but still has a favorite among the members.
I’m a TO, IF AND ONLY IF the oshimen applies to each group and not a general (all groups) perspective.
Is there another category that applies to me fully? I mean, a category that means, “Having an oshimen on all his/her favorite group?”
But then again, I think the “oshimen” not applies to “all groups” per se but it is per group? Right? I hope it is.
“I’m a TO!” — When it is not a general perspective and one could have an oshimen per group they like.
“I’m not in any category” — when it is in a general perspective. Why? I love TakaMina and Captain at the same level.